The golf course at West Hill was originally designed in 1909 by Cuthbert Butchart and Willie Park jnr.
Jonathan was appointed to undertake a full course audit in 1997, which led to a course improvement masterplan.
The club embarked on a 3 year remodelling project which involved the reconstruction of all bunkers to a style in keeping that of Willie Park jnr. This involved the remodelling of all bunkers by the contractor, Kestrel Golf, and then the importation (from Hankley Common Golf Club) and laying of several thousand square metres of native heather sods – which proved to be highly successful. This style of bunker remodelling has, since then, been followed on numerous other Surrey and Berkshire heathland courses.
Photo Credit: Kevin Murray